Are you ready for some football?! I know we sure are! Coach D has been in full-on football more and that means lots of rowdy football fans at our house on Sunday and Monday nights. I love it 🙂
And what party is complete without some awesome food? Not one I tell you!
So of course yesterday we had to put together a quick and easy crowd pleaser that was both delicious and easy to make. And let me tell you, this dip hits it out of the ballpark…it is my absolute favorite party plate. It’s soooooo decadent, and rich and creamy and I could just drool thinking about it. We served it with sourdough bread bites, but really you could do most anything dippable – veggies, chips, crackers etc.
I sure hope you guys like it as much as I do!
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened to point it’s easily stirred
- 1 cup mayonnaise (you can use light mayo if you like)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- Slices of baguette (toasted or untoasted), crackers, chips or your favorite raw vegetables
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, Parmesan and diced onion. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the mixture into a 6-inch baking dish or small oven-safe dish. (I like to put the mixture into three 4 inch ramekins that I can then set out at separate stations with different dippers.)
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until ingredients are melted together and crust is a dark golden brown. (The darker brown the crust, the better the flavors.)
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping options. I like to serve it with toasted slices of sourdough bread that I have brushed with garlic or rosemary olive oil and then lightly toasted in the oven at 350 degrees until light golden brown and crunchy.