Oven Roasted Shrimp Recipe
Shrimp! My lovely little seafood friend that I never seem to get enough of. Shrimp Cocktails, Shrimp Scampi, Shrimp Salad, you name it and I am there.
But there is one catch – they’ve gotta be roasted! Yes sir, Oven Roasted Shrimp is the ONLY way to go; they turn out so full of flavor and super tender, which makes them tastier than if you just boil ’em and toss them in with whatever else you’re cooking. I promise you – try it once and you won’t want to cook them any other way again 😉
- 1 pound medium-sized (17-21 count) shrimp, fresh or thawed if frozen, peeled and deveined, tails on
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 400°F with a rack placed in the middle of the oven.
- Toss the shrimp with olive oil: Pat the shrimp dry and lightly drizzle the shrimp with olive oil, about a tablespoon.
- Season generously with salt and freshly-ground black pepper.
- Toss lightly with your hands to ensure the shrimp is coated with oil and seasonings.
- Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer on a baking sheet. The shrimp should fit on the baking sheet in a single layer, with plenty of space between the shrimp.
- Bake until the shrimp turns white and pink and are just firm to the touch, about 6 - 8 minutes.
- Remove and eat promptly, or let cool if you prefer. You can serve with your favorite cocktail sauce or use in other dishes.