I think we can all agree, there’s just nothing like Mom’s home cookin’. It just tastes better, doesn’t it? For that reason I’ve asked my Mom to submit some of her favorite recipes for me to share with y’all each Monday. Let’s get cooking in the kitchen with Mom!
Today’s recipe comes courtesy of The Frugal Fireman. He’s used to cooking for a crowd and this dessert is an easy way to please the masses without breaking the bank 😉
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 2 ½ cups Original Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup heavy cream or half & half (don’t substitute milk; the shortcakes won’t be as tender)
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 container whipped topping (whipped cream or Cool Whip)
Mix strawberries and ½ cup sugar; set aside.
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Stir Bisquick mix, cream, 3 Tbsp. sugar and melted butter until soft dough forms. Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Split warm shortcakes, fill and top with strawberries and whipped topping.