I think we can all agree, there’s just nothing like Mom’s home cookin’. It just tastes better, doesn’t it? For that reason I’ve asked my Mom to submit some of her favorite recipes for me to share with y’all each Monday. Let’s get cooking in the kitchen with Mom!
One thing I love about this time of year is how much we spend outside grillin’ up some good food. One of our favorite additions to steaks, burgers, and chops are my Mom’s sauteed mushrooms. Sounds simple, but these babies pack quite a bunch in flavor and are a great way to spice up any plain ole’ grill favorite.
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms (if you slice them yourself, make sure they’re not too thin)
- 1 to 1 ½ cups white wine (I like to use Chardonnay – use a wine you wouldn’t mind drinking)
- Lawry’s Seasoning salt
- 1 – 2 tsp. minced garlic (optional)
- 2 – 4 tbsp. butter (if you use a butter substitute, make sure it’s one that melts well)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)